According to the Danish National Institute of Public Health, 600,000 persons are suffering from depression, anxiety or addiction at any one time in Denmark.
600,000 persons is almost 10% of Denmark’s population, resulting in long waiting times:
“The waiting time for treatment for anxiety and depression ranges from about two and a half to five months – from the time you get a referral until you can actually see a psychologist. – It is the longest waiting time ever, states the Danish Psychologists Association.” Source: dr.dk
Where do you go if you need immediate help?
This is what I offer;
I can help you right now, giving you support when you need it most. I will also match the prices that you pay for the Danish psychologist.
What do others usually do?
When there has been an acute event in your life, or you sense you may suffer from depression, anxiety or addiction, your first step might be to visit your doctor. After a consultation, should your doctor and you feel it is appropriate, a referral will be made to a psychiatrist or psychologist, offering you usually up to 12 sessions.
However, you may also experience a waiting list of up to 5 months to receive therapy.
Whilst you wait, your mental wellness could decline further, or your family and employment may need you to “bounce back” faster than this bottleneck allows.
Once you do get a slot with a psychologist, you may feel the type of therapy offered, the number of sessions or the psychologist’s approach is not appropriate for your needs.
Over the years, I have received clients who have left a psychologist, after having noted some of these limitations:
- The 12 subsidised sessions were not enough
- The length of each session
- The frequency between sessions
- The style of therapy
- Lack of online support
- Difficulties getting to and from the psychologist
I offer unparalleled flexibility
Accessing my services will not interfere with your place in the queue for a state-approved psychologist, should you still want to keep that option open to you.
At the same cost to you, I can offer:
- Support when you need it most: My flexible approach means we can meet anywhere, any time. Here is my pledge to you
- Affordable in-person or online sessions: I will match the cost of your state-programme therapy so that private therapy remains affordable. I also broaden the scope of how we work together – with online and in-person sessions available.
- A customised approach: Therapy is a personal and unique experience. There is no one-size-fits-all approach. That’s why I adapt my style to ensure you are getting the most out of your session. Read more about our individual journey with me.
- Long term availability: Your state-programme psychotherapist may offer a limited number of sessions. I can be available for as long as we both think it is needed.
Terms and conditions
This offer cannot be combined with other offers.
If you have a valid referral, we can set up an initial session. From there, if you wish to continue therapy, you must purchase and book the remaining 11 sessions in one go.
All sessions will be held online. If you wish to meet in my clinic, an added fee of 100 kr. will be added per meeting. This is to cover room rental. Or, we can have therapy at your place.
Sessions will be weekly.
Once booked, the sessions are non-refundable.
If you invoke your refund rights, the previously held sessions are charged at the full rate, and the rest is reimbursed in accordance with the payment conditions on the pricing page.
Getting the support you need
We can also go for a walk.
Whichever help and support you need, my pledge to you is consistent.
Book a free 15 minute conversation, which is all you need to begin your journey. We will talk about where you are now, where you want to be, and how I can help you get there.